watermelon seed oil
Watermelon Seed Oil contain a rich source of Beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant and one of the most beneficial vitamins for the healing and repair of the skin. This high antioxidant content may assist in reducing and combating the signs of premature ageing caused by environmental and lifestyle habits. Being naturally rich in other vitamins, minerals and fatty acids, this oil is a popular ingredient in many skincare products. Its restorative, nourishing and oil balancing properties, help dissolve excess sebum build up, helping you maintain a clear and healthy complexion.
Watermelon Seed Oil is useful in all kinds of skin care products due to the high content (up to 65%) of linoleic acid, an omega 6 essential fatty acid. It can be used for all skin types, even oily skin as it is a dry oil. We suggest it is used straight form the bottle as a bedtime moisturiser.
The high content of vitamin A in the fruit allows it to decrease the size of skin pores, while also controlling the oil secretions from sebaceous glands. That is what makes this juicy r fruit oil great for those who have an oily skin.
- Watermelon Seed Carrier Oil is rich in linoleic and oleic acids, Omega 6 Essential Fatty Acids and Omega 9 Fatty Acids, vitamins A,E.
- Helps to heal dry, chapped and cracked skin, balances the moisture in skin, and it conditions hair as well.
- Suitable for all skin types, especially for dry or mature ageing skin. It helps to balance the moisture in the skin. It helps to remove toxic build-up in the skin, improving the skin's complexion.
- Does not clog pores. Its viscosity, mild aroma and indefinite shelf life make it good all-purpose carrier oil for use in Aromatherapy.
- Helps damaged skin like burns, wounds, cuts, scars. It helps heal dry and cracked skin. It is good oil for face and neck treatments and may even help to reduce wrinkling. Also use it on areas that need extra attention like the elbows and knees.
- Extensively used in formulating Baby Care Products an dis thought to be good for the soft skin of the babies.
In a Nutshell
Botanical Name: Citrullus Vulgaris
Extraction Method: Expeller Pressed
Processing Type: RBD
Obtained From: Seeds
Country of Origin: Spain, Italy
Colour: Golden yellow
Aromatic Description: Free from rancid odours
Consistency: Fairly viscous
Shelf life: Users can expect a shelf life of 18 months
how to use
Technical Data - SDS Sheet available on request - Bottle Carries Batch Number and Expiry Date
Shelf Life - Our carrier/base oils all have a shelf life in excess of 24 months. However, as with any oil we recommend using it within 12 months of opening
Storage - Always keep in Original Bottles - Keep out of the reach of Children and Pets - Store out of Direct Sunlight at normal room temperature
Use - Not for Internal Use - If you have a medical condition particularly pregnancy, blood pressure problems or seizure conditions then please see medical advice before using.
Allergies & Sensitivities - Always do a patch test before using the oil on the skin - If irritation occurs discontinue use
Disclaimer - Any information provided by Mother Natures Goodies is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.The use of any information provided is for the sole responsibility of the user.We advise you to consult with your doctor or health care professional prior to using Essential Oils.